Last May, a commercial fisherman in Alaska, Dave D., contacted us and asked if we'd paint a couple of 3.9" lure bodies for him in fluoro-green and fluoro-orange. When I hit the paint room, I decided to go ahead and paint a large batch in this color. Glad I did!
We were fishing out of Sekiu, Washington last Wednesday. And, started with our fluoro-green/chartreuse OG2 that had been so effective a year ago. Things were slow; so, I tied on the 3.9" OG2 in fluoro-green/fluoro-orange. That color surprised us: It caught all of the fish that we put in the cooler.
Kudos to Dave D. for that request!
Below is a quick video of the trip. (Early on, there's footage of a salmon that surprised us and attacked the lure next to the boat while we were trying to get the line clipped into the downrigger...)
I'll try to keep the blog updated every so often: posting pictures submitted by customers, notes about recent tests, etc.